0

Kitchen fire damages El Cajon apartment units, 20 residents displaced

Posted on

EL CAJON, Calif. (CNS) – An unattended kitchen stove was blamed for an apartment fire in El Cajon Tuesday evening that caused damage to six apartments and displaced at least 20 residents.

Deputies responded to the 400 block of East Bradley Avenue, near Magnolia Avenue, about 7:25 p.m. and found a second story apartment fully engulfed in flames, according to Sgt. Patrick Fox of the San Diego County Sheriff’s Department.

The fire immediately threatened at least 10 apartments, all of which were evacuated, and an additional 10 apartments directly south of where the fire occurred were evacuated as a precaution, Fox said.

Firefighters from the San Miguel, Santee and El Cajon fire departments were able to extinguish the flames and deputies learned no one was inside the apartment when the fire started, he said.

The occupants of the apartment where the fire began were interviewed by authorities and it was

Read More