Green Street is a road in the London Borough of Newham, East London, which forms much of the boundary between East and West Ham and ends in the Forest Gate area of Stratford.
Green Street is best known for the former Boleyn Ground, home to West Ham United from 1904 to 2016 and its wide range of shops and market outlets. It was also the site of Green Street House – also known as Boleyn Castle – for more than 400 years until demolished in 1955. Green Street House was located between the street and the Boleyn Ground.
Green Street runs from the originally Roman Romford Road, in the north, to the Barking Road in the south. The northern part, near the Romford Road was at one time also known as Gypsy Lane as it was often used by gypsies. The junction with Barking Road, by the Boleyn