Table of Contents
- 1 How to Upgrade Your Bathroom Hardware: Buying Guide
- 1.1 How to Upgrade Your Bathroom Faucets
- 1.2 How to Install a New Bathroom Faucet
- 1.3 How to Upgrade Your Bathroom Sink
- 1.4 How to Install a Sink
- 1.5 How to Upgrade Your Shower Faucet
- 1.6 How to Upgrade Your Toilet
- 1.7 How to Upgrade Your Bathroom Hardware
- 1.8 How to Upgrade Your Vanity and Bathroom Furniture
- 1.9 How to Upgrade Your Bathtub
- 1.10 FAQ – Bathroom Improvements
How to Upgrade Your Bathroom Hardware: Buying Guide
Regardless of whether your bathroom needs a complete makeover or some few touches to improve it, Sam’s Club will always have everything you need to take your bathroom to the next level.
Here is what to look out for when upgrading your bathroom:
How to Upgrade Your Bathroom Faucets
What Makes A Good Bathroom Faucet?
The best faucet for your bathroom will trickle down to your unique situation. Ideally, the best faucet should rhyme with the interior design of your entire bathroom to make it look even more appealing. Additionally, it should not only be interactive enough to use but also help you with your water conservation goals.
When picking from the faucets we have at Sam’s Club, be sure to consider whether you are installing a new sink or using an old one and where the faucets will be opening from. Also focus on the size of your bathroom as a small bathroom will call for a different faucets type from that of a large bathroom. For a touch of consistency, you should also consider buying a faucet that rhymes with other faucet types all over your home.
Among the most popular brands you can find at Sam’s Club include:
- Hardware House
- Watts Premier
- Design house
- Ove Decors
The Different Types of Faucets
Bridge faucets give you a combination of both old fashioned bathroom design elements and modern-day décor. Ideally, both the faucet and the levers all branch off a singular part, and the setup requires you to have two holes in the bathroom countertop. They are among the best option for under mount sinks. Since bridge faucets have to be mounted on bathroom countertops, they make it easy to maintain a hygienic bathroom as you can clean around them easily.
Center-set bathroom faucets typically have three holes for mounting two handles and a spout in the middle. The handles are usually four inches apart.
Single Handle (Single Lever Faucets)
Simply put, this is a bathroom faucet with only a single handle. The handle will help you control both the water pressure and temperature. While you might only require one hole to mount the faucet, some of them require you to use two holes. For the latter, some companies provide a mounting plate to help cater for the extra holes.
Wall Mount Faucets
This type of bathroom faucet is mounted on the wall, instead of on the countertop or sink. It has been a great option for homeowners looking to give their bathroom a modern and utilitarian appeal. It also makes it cleaning around the sink easy. Since there will be no hardware along the edges of the sink, it is easy to wash away dirt and calcium deposits.
Deck Mount Faucets
These faucets typically mount onto the bathroom countertop. They can be used on both bathroom sink faucets and bathtubs.
Unlike the traditional under mount sinks, vessels sinks tend to use a basin that is placed on top of your counter or bathroom vanity. You can choose from a variety of vessel types, including glass, stainless steel, copper, stone, marble, and fired ceramic. When it comes to installing the faucets, you can either drill holes on the bathroom vanity or the countertop. You also get to decide on the number of holes to use.
How to Install a New Bathroom Faucet
The level of ease you can have when installing or replacing your bathroom faucet will depend on the type of faucet, the plumbing system you will be using and the ease of access. While it might be quite easy to install faucets during the construction of the bathroom, it might be tougher to do the same when replacing them. Here is the DIY way of installing the faucets:
- Step 1: Assemble the new faucet and ensure that you have all the assembly parts to avoid trips back to the hardware store.
- Step 2: Remove the old faucet. Start by shutting off your bathroom wall valves and have a bucket close to drain any residual water. Also remove any hardware located below the sink, anything that holds the faucet in its place. You might require a little bit of force to yank the faucet out of its place due to years of corrosion.
- Step 3: Install the new faucet. This will typically depend on your manufacturer’s installation manual. Follow it to the letter. You can always call us for any clarifications.
- Step 4: Reinstall the drain rod. Once the faucets are in place, tighten the clamp bolt of your drain rod and double check for any loose parts.
- Step 5: Turn on the shut valves. If there aren’t any leaks, you should flush the faucets for a couple of minutes. Otherwise, you should use some caulk or sealants to deal with these leaks.
How to Upgrade Your Bathroom Sink
The best bathroom sink size depends on what you will need to use it for and the size of your bathroom. While some small sinks can only allow you to wash your hands, bigger sinks can give you the luxury of washing your hair from there. However, using a large sink in a small bathroom will make the room feel congested. In most cases, round sink sizes range from 16 to 20 inches in diameter while the rectangular ones have a width of 19-24 inches and length of 16-23 inches. Popular brands you can get from us include:
How to Install a Sink
- Step 1: Take measurements. You should know the width, length, and depth of your sink to ensure that you know exactly how to fit it into your bathroom cabinet or bathroom vanity.
- Step 2: Turn off the water at the level of the faucets and the valves under the sink.
- Step 3: Remove the old sink.
- Step 4: Install the new faucets
- Step 5: Install the new sink and caulk it. Be sure to use the right plumber’s putty since different sink materials react differently to putty.
- Step 6: Reconnect the sink to the water source.
- Step 7: Inspect the sink for any leaks.
How to Upgrade Your Shower Faucet
Bacteria thrive in the moist environment of your shower, which is why you should replace your shower head every 6 to 8 months. As for washing it, it will depend on the type of water you use. While hard water will need you to wash the shower head often, soft water won’t cause that much dirt accumulation. In case you are having issues with the water pressure, something as simple as enlarging its washer hole might be enough. Here are a few shower heads to choose from when replacing your shower head:
- Dual shower heads
- Multifunction shower heads
- Rain shower head
- Ceiling mount shower heads
- Shower panels
- Low water pressure shower heads
- Sliding bar shower heads
- Single spray shower heads
- RV shower heads
How to Upgrade Your Toilet
Toilets can last for years without requiring any form of replacement. However, you the best time to replace your toilet is if you notice any crack in its surface. Of course, most of the plumbing fixtures in the toilet will need replacement every once in a while. If you want to replace your toilet, flushing toilets are the most powerful options for you. You can also choose from:
- One piece toilets
- Two-piece toilets
- Up-flush toilets – best for installing away from drain lines
- Small compact toilets – the best option for small bathrooms
- Corner toilets – have a triangle water tank to make it easy for fitting in corners
- Wall mounted toilet – typically have their water tank behind a wall to give you a minimalistic appeal
- Tank-less toilets – these do not come with a tank, but instead, use a pipe for flushing. They also have an electric pump to improve the strength of the flush.
At Sam’s Club, we have a variety of toilets and brands to choose from. Here are some popular brands to consider:
- Ove Decors
- Bio Bidet
- Aim To Wash
- Member’s Mark
How to Upgrade Your Bathroom Hardware
You do not necessarily have to break the bank to during your bathroom remodeling project – a few tweaks might do the trick. Start by looking for simple bathroom hardware like towel bar to improve the functionality of the room. Next, improve the lighting of the entire room and paint the walls if necessary.
You can also paint other areas such as the vanity to improve the appeal of the room. If you want the illusion of a bigger bathroom, it would be wise to paint it using bright colors and install mirrors. Ideally, you should use hardware that either complements or contrasts the appeal and paint color of your bathroom countertops to uphold the appeal. You can always rely on Sam’s Club to provide you with such budget-friendly home remodel ideas.
How to Upgrade Your Vanity and Bathroom Furniture
The best vanity options should provide you with enough storage space while improving the appeal of your bathroom at the same time. The first step is to pick the right vanity. You can choose from wall mounted vanities, freestanding vanities, vessel vanities, floating vanities, and vanity cabinets. To improve the appeal that these options offer your bathroom model goals, consider working with a complementary vanity sink. Some of the best choices include:
- Under-mount sink
- Vessel Sinks
- Wall mounted sinks
- Semi-pedestal sinks
- Self-rimming sinks
Lastly, you can place a mirror close to the vanity to not only help you prepare in the morning but also make your bathroom look larger. Some of the best mirrors you can choose from include:
- Lighted mirrors
- Vanity mirrors
- Framed mirrors
- Medicine cabinet mirrors
- Frameless mirrors
- Venetian mirrors
- Pivot mirrors
How to Upgrade Your Bathtub
While you can always install your own bathtub, be sure to work with home improvement professionals if you feel that the task might be too daunting for you. Ideally, the size of bathtub that you choose will depend on the type of bathtub you have, the available bathroom space and where exactly you want to place it. The standard bathtub measurements, however, are 30-32 inches wide, 60 inches long and 14-20 inches deep.
When picking the bathtub, you should consider the amount of weight that your floor can support, the ease of access to the tub, and drain and faucet placement. Your choice of materials also matters. Some of the best options are porcelain enameled steel, fiberglass, acrylic, enameled cast iron, and cast polymer. You can pick from a variety of bathtub brands at Sam’s club, including:
- Clarke Products
- Ove Decors
We also have a variety of bathtubs. You can choose from:
- Walk-in Bathtubs
- Whirlpool and air tubs
- Generic bathtubs
- Soaking Bathtubs
FAQ – Bathroom Improvements
How Long Does Will The Remodel Take?
Remodeling your master bathroom alone might be a big inconvenience, requiring you to look for somewhere else to bath from. While it can take at least 23 days to completely renovate a small bathroom, a lot of factors will have to come into play. For instance, the craftsmen have to come in early, and you also need to ensure that all the remodeling materials are available, including any type of bathroom tile and grout you need.
How Much Will The Remodel Cost?
Bathroom makeover costs will vary depending on the materials used and the time spent working on them. While low-end remodels cost around $2,500, the high-end remodels can set you back as much as $23,000.
In What Order Should I Remodel My Bathroom?
Among the best ways to remodel your bathroom is to start from the ground up. Start by replacing your tiles, including those in the shower.
You can install different types of tiles, such as subway tiles as long as they have enough traction to eliminate slipping. Next, cater to the focal elements of the room, including your toilet, bathtub, vanity, and faucets. Lastly, end with bathroom accessories like the shower door, light fixtures, and a shower curtain. The goal should be to create an atmosphere that has complementary design elements.