Boston – Suffolk County – MA Massachusetts – USA
The Newbury Boston
Listed on 2021-12-25
Hotel Housekeeping, Hotel Management
Hospitality and Tourism, Guest Services
Job Description & How to Apply Below
Position: Housekeeping House Attendant – The Newbury Boston
Highgate is a leading real estate investment and hospitality management company widely recognized as an innovator in the industry. Highgate is the dominant player in major U.S. gateway cities including New York, Boston, Miami, San Francisco and Honolulu, with a growing Caribbean and Latin America footprint. The hospitality forward company provides expert guidance through all stages of the property cycle, from planning and development through recapitalization or disposition.
Highgate has a proven record of developing its diverse portfolio of bespoke lifestyle hotel brands, legacy brands, and independent hotels and resorts with contemporary programming and digital acumen. The company utilizes industry-leading revenue management tools that efficiently identify and predict evolving market dynamics to drive outperformance and maximize asset value. With an executive team consisting of some of the most experienced hotel management leaders, the company is a trusted partner for top ownership groups and major hotel brands.
Highgate maintains corporate offices in New York, Chicago, Dallas, London, Miami, and Seattle. .
Highgate, in partnership with Major Food Group, has announced plans to open The Newbury Boston at One Newbury Street, located in the premier shopping and dining neighborhood of Boston’s Back Bay. This iconic property originally opened in 1927 as one of the first Ritz-Carlton hotels in the U.S. and most recently was the Taj Boston. The building will be thoughtfully transformed into a 286-room luxury hotel with 16,000-sq-ft of stunning event spaces, signature dining experiences and a reimagined front entrance on Newbury Street.
The House Attendant is responsible for maintaining the cleanliness of guest corridors, elevator and all assigned areas. He/she is responsible for delivering items to guest rooms (luggage, irons, coffee, etc).
- – Fundamental
- – Employees must, at all times, be attentive, friendly, helpful and courteous to all guests, managers and fellow employees.
– Walked assigned floors at beginning and end of shift; remove trays, trash, and/or linen and note any areas that need immediate cleaning.
– Use proper two-way radio etiquette at all times when communicating with other employees.
– Use daily checklist to complete projects listed below as assigned.
– Elevator lobbies
– Glass tables
– Ice machines/vending machines
– Elevator doors/frames
– Service landing/linen closets
– Stair wells
– Polish floors
– Other projects as assigned by management
- – Practice safe work habits to ensure safety to guests, fellow employees and self.
– Handle all requests for luggage assistance in a friendly, efficient and courteous manner.
– Handle items for “Lost and Found” according to hotel standards.
– At the end of the shift, turn in all keys and assignment sheets to the Housekeeping
– Report maintenance issues to Housekeeping Manager
– Be familiar with correct guestroom cleaning procedures to assist with cleaning if needed
– Pick up any Room Attendant’s dirty linen or trash as needed
- – Before leaving section, collect all trash from the service landings and take to/dispose in outside trash dumpsters, per hotel procedures.
– Vacuum guest corridors.
– Assist Housekeeping as needed (i.e. bedboards, roll-aways, flip beds, etc)
– Deliver any clean linen to assigned sections, if applicable
– Maintain cleanliness and organization of Housekeeping office, linen rooms, storage closets and stairwells.
– Ensure overall guest satisfaction.
Search for further Jobs Here: