Table of Contents
- 1 Our Bathroom Price Guide
- 2 The Quotes We Received
- 3 Cost of Materials/Items
- 4 New Bathroom Cost – Updated For 2018
- 5 Get a Custom Bathroom Installation Price:
- 6 When Was This Bathroom Cost Guide Last Updated?
- 7 How Long Will the Work Take?
- 8 Got Feedback? What Bathroom Prices Have You Been Given?
- 9 How Trustworthy are Plumbers in the UK?
- 10 Compare Bathroom Installation Quotes Online
Replacing an old tired bathroom with a bright modern suite is one of the easiest ways to increase the value and desirability of the home.
But how much does a new bathroom cost, how much work is involved with a project like this and how long does it take?
This page is all about new bathroom prices and we last updated it on the
We can also help you get a competitive price for a pro to replace your bathroom.
Our Bathroom Price Guide
We initially created this guide in 2015 but updated it in 2018 to reflect current prices.
In January and February 2018 we got in touch with dozens of bathroom fitters and installers and asked each of them to give us a fixed written quote to remove an old, tired bathroom and replace it with a new suite.
We also requested a breakdown of the price so we could see where our money was being spent.
The Quotes We Received
Each of the written quotes varied in both detail, professionalism and price.
The schedule below is based on the paperwork we received from our chosen installers and lists everything included in the price shown below:
- Remove the existing bathroom suite, floor and wall tiles
- Supply and install new wall plasterboard and floor plyboard
- Supply and install new three piece suite including all plumbing
- Supply and install floor and walls tiles, to be grouted as required (see how much bathroom tiling costs here)
- Supply and install a new ceiling light, corded switch, both bath and sink taps and a wall vanity mirror with light
- Paint both the ceiling and bathroom door
- Replace the radiator with a vertical towel rail (example here)
- All waste material to be disposed of via a skip
- All electrical work to be signed off by qualified Part P electrician
Cost of Materials/Items
Below you’ll see how much each item costs.
These are the “supply only” prices:
Three piece suite inc a shower screen – £450.00
Bath and sink taps – £95.00
Wall and floor tiles including grout and adhesive – £450.00
A power shower – £225.00
Wall mirror and light – £100.00
Heated towel rail – £45.00
Ceiling light and cord switch – £45.00
Ceiling paint – £15.00
Pipework, electrical parts and other incidental costs £100.00
Plasterboard for walls and plyboard for under the floor tiles – £75.00
Skip hire – £200
Total materials and waste disposal: Approx £1700.00
Obviously how much the materials cost for your bathroom will depend on the exact size of the room and also the type of tiles and bathroom suite you choose.
B&Q occasionally have special offers where you can purchase an entire suite, including taps and mirrors, etc. for as little as £300.
New Bathroom Cost – Updated For 2018
The table below shows an average of the prices we were given.
This figure includes all the parts, materials, labour, paperwork and waste disposal fees etc.
|Location||Small Business /Trader||Larger Business (5+ employees)|
|Need a Custom Price? >|
|South, SW and Midlands||£3200.00||£3700.00|
|Outer Region and North||£3000.00||£3200.00|
Get a Custom Bathroom Installation Price:
The next step is to arrange a custom price, based on the size of your bathroom and your requirements.
- Send in details about your bathroom
- Explore recently created reviews and ratings from other customers
- Get a competitive quote in writing
- Leave your own feedback when the project is complete
When Was This Bathroom Cost Guide Last Updated?
We know that outdated price lists and guides can be frustrating, that’s why we aim to update the content on our site every few years.
This page was last updated in March 2018.
How Long Will the Work Take?
In our experience, it’s always a good idea to ask installers, firms and tradespeople how long they think a project will take.
When we asked our chosen to provide written quotes for the work we also requested a rough timescale for the work to be completed.
We discovered that the average predicted time was 8 days, although some of the larger firms suggested it would take no more than 6 days.
When we questioned them further on timescales, most stated that the wall preparation work and tiling will take the longest amount of time – our bathroom is floor-to-ceiling in tiles.
Got Feedback? What Bathroom Prices Have You Been Given?
Have you received quotes from an installer to remove an old bathroom and replace it?
How do your figures compare to ours?
You can leave feedback at the base of this page for other readers of this website.
How Trustworthy are Plumbers in the UK?
When we first launched our site in 2014, we wanted to shed light on the prices being charged by tradespeople up and down the country for common home improvement projects.
We soon discovered that while some tradespeople are honest, hard-working people, there are a few bad apples out there.
Which tradespeople do you think should be trusted the least?
See how plumbers compare to builders, electricians, window fitters and other trades.
Check out the results and cast your own vote.
SEE RESULTS HERE
Compare Bathroom Installation Quotes Online
Did you know you can compare bathroom installation prices online and without any obligation?
All you need to do is provide some basic information such as the size of your bathroom and location.
It’s easy to get the ball rolling, just tap the button below:
- Fill in the form
- Submit some basic details
- Get responses quickly
- Check credentials, qualifications and experience
- Read reviews from past customers
Not ready to get quotes? See all of our cost guides here