The Frank Lloyd Wright House in Ebsworth Park
will resume public tours as of JUNE 26, 2021.
We are excited to have visitors return to the FLWHEP. The following adaptions have been made to ensure the safety of guests, volunteers, and staff:
- Tours are limited to maximum of four guests. Advance reservations and payment is required.
- Masks are to be worn by all visitors, staff, and guests for tour participation.
- Social distancing for those not in household groups.
- Guests who are unwell are asked to reschedule their tour for another date.
- The Gift Shop remains closed at this time. A selection of items are available for purchase online.
ABOUT YOUR VISIT
Guided tours of the FLWHEP provide inside into the design, construction, and restoration of the Usonian-style home designed by Frank Lloyd Wright in 1951. The docent-led tour highlights the Usonian-style features, unique floorplan, original furnishings, as well as the
Start a new floor plan
In the Categories list, click the Maps and Floor Plans category.
Click Floor Plan, and then click Create.
Create the exterior wall structure
Using room shapes
From the Walls, Shell and Structure stencil, drag one of the room shapes onto the drawing page.
Resize the room shape by dragging the control and selection handles on individual walls.
Using wall shapes
From the Walls, Shell and Structure stencil, drag Exterior wall shapes onto the drawing page.
Continue to draw the exterior by using these options:
Resize walls by dragging an endpoint.
Right-click wall shapes to set options.
Drag an endpoint
Submitted by: Holly Brown
In this Electoral Process lesson plan, which is adaptable for grades 6-8, students use BrainPOP resources to explore the requirements to be President of the United States. Students will also investigate the basics of the election process and analyze data collected from a survey.
- Understand the requirements to be President of the United States
- Understand the basics of the electoral process
- Analyze data collected from survey
- Computer and projector to show BrainPOP resources
- Hand outs (or projected version of) the BrainPOP features you choose to use
- Construction paper
- U.S. map
Find a current electoral map that’s relevant to your upcoming election. There are many of these available online.
- Pass out and review BrainPOP Vocabulary sheet.
- Show the Presidential Election movie, pausing to take notes and discuss key concepts.
- Homework: Survey 5 people and ask them the top 5 qualities
CORONATION Street star Jennie McAlpine has given an insight into what life is like for her when the cameras aren’t rolling.
The actress – who plays Fiz Brown on the popular ITV soap – has shared a selection of snaps with her 240k followers on Instagram to show off her amazing pad.
The fiery red head, 36, shares her humble abode with husband of three years Chris Farr and their two children, six-year-old Albert and two-year-old Hilda.
When Jennie isn’t doing what she does best on set, she can sit back and relax with her family in their gorgeous pad.
The living room boasts a cosy grey sofa, white walls and matching venetian blinds to give them utmost privacy.
But arguably their open plan kitchen is the most amazing feature in their family home.